Van Veen grab SG
To sample sediment.
How it works
The Van Veen grab SG is designed for collecting sediment samples in fresh and marine water, from soft or medium-hard bottoms like sand, gravel, consolidated marl or clay. It consists of two buckets connected by a hinge. During the descent, the two buckets remain apart. When it hits the bottom, the locking mechanism releases, and when the main line is pulled to retrieve the grab, the buckets close allowing the collection of the sample.
These windows allow to inspect the sample or obtain a sub-sample before opening the grab.
Not available in SG-200.
The locking mechanism allows to keep the grab open during the descent.
When it hits the bottom, the locking mechanism releases, allowing the grab to close.
Available in 3 sizes
It is available in various sizes according to the volume of sediment to be sampled.
- SG-200: Sampling area 200cm²
- SG-400: Sampling area 400cm²
- SG-1000: Sampling area 1000cm²
Van Veen grab tech specs
- It has 2 arms that open and close the grab, and includes a chain with an attachment for the main line.
- Includes a locking mechanism that is released on contact with the bottom, allowing the grab to close.
- Has upper windows that allow you to inspect the sample or remove a sub-sample (*Not available in SG-200).
- Includes 4 lead weights designed to help the grab enter the sediment (*Not available in SG-200).
- Made of AISI 316 stainless steel.
- Lead weight.
- Volume 1.4L
- Sampling area 200cm²
- Weight 3kg
- Closed size (height x width x depth) 380x240x155mm
- Volume 5L
- Sampling area 400cm²
- Lead weight 4×1.2kg
- Weight 11kg
- 2 windows
- Closed size (height x width x depth) 550x340x220mm
- Volume 15L
- Sampling area 1000cm²
- Lead weight 4x5kg
- Weight 42kg
- 4 windows
- Closed size (height x width x depth) 870x530x340mm
All of our grabs and accessories are sold separately.
Request our catalogue to check the reference number of any of the products on this page.
If you would like to make an enquiry or place an order for any of these products, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
We have technical assistance service for all of our products, with a wide range of replacement parts. Find out about warranties and more details here.