Ponar grab PG
This grab is designed for collecting sediment samples from hard bottoms including sand, gravel, consolidated marl or clay.
The new bolt and spring locking mechanism locks the grab when it reaches the seabed.
Two weights included on the bottom of the arms, helping the grab enter the sediment.
It has two removable upper windows that facilitate the use of various sensors for taking measurements of the sample.
The windows include a 500µm AISI 316 stainless steel mesh, with rubber protection.
Ponar grab tech specs
- It has 2 arms that open and close the grab, and includes a chain with an attachment for the main line.
- Includes a locking mechanism that is released on contact with the bottom, allowing the grab to close.
- The arms have 2 weights that allow the grab to easily penetrate the sediment. Additional weights may be added.
- It has two removable upper windows that facilitate the use of various sensors for taking measurements of the sample. The windows include a 500µm AISI 316 stainless steel mesh, with rubber protection.
- Made of AISI 316 stainless steel.
- Contains rubber elements.
- PPG 15:
- Volume 2.2L
- Sampling area 225cm²
- Weight 9kg
- Open size (height x width x depth) 330x420x160mm
- SPG 23:
- Volume 8.2L
- Sampling area 530cm²
- Weight 25kg
- Open size (height x width x depth) 510x650x250mm
- Ponar stainless steel weight 1kg.
- Removable window Petite Ponar 500µm.
- Removable window Standard Ponar 500µm.
- Hand spool.
All of our grabs and accessories are sold separately.
Request our catalogue to check the reference number of any of the products on this page.
If you would like to make an enquiry or place an order for any of these products, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
We have technical assistance service for all of our products, with a wide range of replacement parts. Find out about warranties and more details here.