Simple plankton net
Designed to be dragged by a boat.
It can be used horizontally, vertically and obliquely.
Made of AISI 316 stainless steel, includes a triple-point bridle with anti-twist shackle for attaching it to the main line, a clamp for securing the net and a rod for attaching a flow meter. Available in various diameters.
The top and cod end of the plankton net are made of sturdy canvas. The cylindrical-conical body of the net is made of Nytal mesh. The cod end is designed to fit our CP3 plankton collectors.
A weight or depressor is needed to sink the net correctly. Includes various anchor points to vary the angle of attack. Available in different sizes.
Learn more about depressor >
To sample a particular interval of the water column, it is possible to add choke rings to the net together with a messenger closure system on the main line.
Simple plankton net tech specs
- Net structure comprising a hoop, clamp, and triple-point bridle.
- Includes rod for attaching a flow meter.
- The triple-point bridle includes a stainless steel cable with an anti-twist shackle for attaching it to the main line.
- Cylindrical-conical plankton net, calculated for optimal filtration efficiency, with reinforced top and cod end, and adapted for use with our CP3-110 collectors.
- Net structure and triple-point bridle made of AISI 316 stainless steel.
- Plankton net made of Nytal and polypropylene canvas.
- Structure diameter 40cm.
- Structure diameter 50cm.
- Structure diameter 60cm.
- Structure diameter 100cm.
Sizes and micron ratings for simple plankton net
Designed for optimal filtration efficiency.
Simple net40cmØ mouth
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 40cmØx273cmL 100µm CP3-110
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 40cmØx233cmL 150µm CP3-110
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 40cmØx228cmL 200µm CP3-110
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 40cmØx196cmL 250µm CP3-110
Simple net50cmØ mouth
- Simple Plankton net cylindrical-conical 50cmØx288cmL 200µm CP3-110
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 50cmØx247cmL 250µm CP3-110
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 50cmØx247cmL 335µm CP3-110
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 50cmØx242cmL 500µm CP3-110
Simple net60cmØ mouth
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 60cmØx298cmL 250µm CP3-110
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 60cmØx298cmL 335µm CP3-110
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 60cmØx293cmL 500µm CP3-110
Simple net100cmØ mouth
- Simple Plankton net cylindrical-conical 100cmØx416cmL 500µm CP3-110
- Simple plankton net cylindrical-conical 100cmØx345cmL 1000µm CP3-110
The simple plankton nets shown in this page have been calculated for optimal filtration efficiency in drags at a maximum speed of 2 knots.
All of our structures, plankton nets and accessories are sold separately.
We have a wide variety of hand-held plankton nets designed for optimal filtration efficiency. Custom-built nets are also available upon request.
Request our catalogue to check the reference number of any of the products on this page.
If you would like to make an enquiry or place an order for any of these products, please contact us by email at email@example.com or click here.
We have technical assistance service for all of our products, with a wide range of replacement parts. Find out about warranties and more details here.