Designed to sample plankton or microplastics located in the first few centimetres of the water column.
The net structure houses two floats between which is the frame of the 80x30cm adjustable net. The structure is made of AISI 316 stainless steel. The new frame is designed for plankton nets with double velcro, making it easy to put a net on and take it off. The structure allows attachment of the main line. It is possible to use a triple frame (accessory) that consists of a first frame measuring 80x30cm, followed by 2 frames of 80x50cm, in order to sample at 3 different depths.
The top and cod end of the plankton nets are made of sturdy canvas. The body of the net is made of Nytal mesh. These nets have a rectangular mouth, includes the new double-velcro system that allows the net to be put onto the structure and taken off again in a much simpler way. The cod end of the net is designed to fit our CP3-110 plankton collectors. They are available in various sizes and micron ratings.
Neuston plankton net tech specs
- Net structure 80x30cm frame (height adjustable). The design of the frame allows the attachment of double-velcro nets. The structure allows the placement of either a single frame (default), or a triple frame.
- The floats are removable for easy transport and handling.
- Includes a two-point bridle of stainless steel cable and an anti-twist shackle for attaching it to the main line.
- Includes rod for attaching a flow meter.
- Neuston rectangular-mouth plankton net, calculated for optimal filtration efficiency, with reinforced cod end, and adapted for use with our CP3-110 collectors. Includes the new double-velcro system that allows the net to be put onto the structure and taken off again in a much simpler way.
- Net structure made of AISI 316 stainless steel.
- PVC resin floats.
- Plankton net made of Nytal and polypropylene canvas.
- Mouth 80x30cm
- Mouth 80x50cm (only with triple frame)
Sizes and micron ratings for Neuston plankton net
Designed for optimal filtration efficiency.
Neuston net80cm x 30cm mouth
- Neuston rectangular-mouth plankton net 80x30cm 299cmL 200µm CP3-110
- Neuston rectangular-mouth plankton net 80x30cm 257cmL 250µm CP3-110
- Neuston rectangular-mouth plankton net 80x30cm 257cmL 335µm CP3-110
- Neuston rectangular-mouth plankton net 80x30cm 252cmL 500µm CP3-110
Neuston net80cm x 50cm mouth
- Neuston rectangular-mouth plankton net 80x50cm 411cmL 200µm CP3-110
- Neuston rectangular-mouth plankton net 80x50cm 352cmL 250µm CP3-110
- Neuston rectangular-mouth plankton net 80x50cm 352cmL 335µm CP3-110
- Neuston rectangular-mouth plankton net 80x50cm 345cmL 500µm CP3-110
The Neuston plankton nets shown in this page have been calculated for optimal filtration efficiency in drags at a maximum speed of 2 knots.
All of our structures, plankton nets and accessories are sold separately.
We have a wide variety of hand-held plankton nets designed for optimal filtration efficiency. Custom-built nets are also available upon request.
Request our catalogue to check the reference number of any of the products on this page.
If you would like to make an enquiry or place an order for any of these products, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
We have technical assistance service for all of our products, with a wide range of replacement parts. Find out about warranties and more details here.