Designed to sample epibenthic plankton.
How it works
The epibenthic sledge is designed to be towed from a boat while sliding over the surface of a soft, non-rocky seabed, to collect any organisms present on the surface or in the first few centimetres of the sediment. It is used to characterise the flora and fauna of marine habitats. It is particularly suitable for collecting algae and species of fauna with reduced mobility.
Comprises aluminium runners that help it slide along the seabed. These house a stainless steel case that only opens on contact with the bottom. This case can be single or double. The single case is designed for the attachment of one plankton net. The double case allows you to attach 2 nets and filter the water column at 2 different depths, obtaining 2 distinct samples in the plankton collectors.
It is possible to add a multimedia recording system to the upper part of the sled, consisting of:
- LED spotlight.
- underwater video camera (200m).
- sled attachment accessories.
Epibenthic sledge tech specs
- Sled structure made of aluminium with a plastic coating designed to slide along the bottom. Can accommodate a single or double case, to attach one or two nets, respectively. The case is designed to open only when in contact with the bottom.
- Includes a two-point bridle of stainless steel cable and an anti-twist shackle for attaching it to the main line.
- Includes rod for attaching a flow meter.
- The rectangular net of the epibenthic sled is calculated for optimal filtration efficiency. It has a reinforced cod end and is adapted for use with our CP3-110M collectors.
- Canvas net protector, to protect the net from the bottom while sampling.
- Quick-mounting collector base, that allows you to attach the CP3-110M collectors to the structure in a very simple way.
- Structure of the sled made of naval quality aluminium and AISI 316 stainless steel.
- Special plastic-coated aluminium for marine conditions.
- Quickmounting collector base in AISI 316 stainless steel.
- Rubber canvas net protector.
- Plankton net made of Nytal and polypropylene canvas.
- Mouth 60x43cm
- Double mouth 60x21cm
Sizes and micron ratings for epibenthic sledge plankton net
Designed for optimal filtration efficiency.
Epibenthic sledge net60cm x 43cm mouth
- Epibenthic sledge rectangular net 60x43cm 332cmL 200µm CP3-110M
- Epibenthic sledge rectangular net 60x43cm 339cmL 500µm CP3-110M
- Epibenthic sledge rectangular net 60x43cm 283cmL 1000µm CP3-110M
Epibenthic sledge net60cm x 21cm mouth
- Epibenthic sledge rectangular net 60x21cm 259cmL 200µm CP3-110M
- Epibenthic sledge rectangular net 60x21cm 218cmL 500µm CP3-110M
- Epibenthic sledge rectangular net 60x21cm 183cmL 1000µm CP3-110M
All of our structures, plankton nets and accessories are sold separately.
We have a wide variety of hand-held plankton nets designed for optimal filtration efficiency. Custom-built nets are also available upon request.
Request our catalogue to check the reference number of any of the products on this page.
If you would like to make an enquiry or place an order for any of these products, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
We have technical assistance service for all of our products, with a wide range of replacement parts. Find out about warranties and more details here.