Comprises a PAIROVET Bongo-type structure that allows the collection of two samples in each tow. It is designed to be used with our CalVET nets for vertical tows.
The vertical egg tow, referred to as CalVET in the CalCOFI database, was used to sample anchovy eggs from 1980 through 1985. The micron rating typically used on these nets was 333µm and 150µm. Nowadays, it is used by different organisations for fisheries control.California Cooperative Oceanic Fisheries Investigations
The PAIROVET structure of the net consists of 2x25cm Ø hoops joined by a fixing mechanism, which allows the attachment of the main line (up to 12mm thick) and a cylindrical stainless steel weight. Each hoop includes a clamp for securing the net.
The top and cod end of the plankton nets are made of sturdy canvas. The body of the net, whith cylindrical-conical shape (cylindrical section 80cm / conical section 60cm), is made of Nytal mesh. The cod end of the net is designed to fit our CP3-110 plankton collectors.
A cylindrical stainless steel weight is needed to sink the net correctl. Includes anchor point for stainless steel cable. Available in different sizes.
Learn more about cylindrical weight >
CalVET net tech specs
- PAIROVET net structure composed of or 2 hoops of 25cmØ; each hoop includes a clamp for securing the net. The central fixing mechanism allows easy attachment of the main line and a weight.
- Includes rod for attaching a flow meter.
- Cylindrical-conical CalVET plankton net; the cylindrical section is 80cm and the conical section is 60cm for all micron ratings. The cod end is reinforced and adapted for our CP3-110 collectors.
- Net structure made of AISI 316 stainless steel and plastic elements.
- Plankton net made of Nytal and polypropylene canvas.
- Hoops 25cmØ
Sizes and micron ratings for CalVET plankton net
Designed for optimal filtration efficiency.
CalVET net25cmØ mouth
- CalVET plankton net cylindrical-conical 25cmØx160cmL 100µm CP3-110
- CalVET plankton net cylindrical-conical 25cmØx160cmL 150µm CP3-110
- CalVET plankton net cylindrical-conical 25cmØx160cmL 250µm CP3-110
- CalVET plankton net cylindrical-conical 25cmØx160cmL 335µm CP3-110
The CalVET plankton nets shown in this page have been calculated for optimal filtration efficiency in retrieval ascents at a maximum speed of 70 m/min.
All of our structures, plankton nets and accessories are sold separately.
We have a wide variety of hand-held plankton nets designed for optimal filtration efficiency. Custom-built nets are also available upon request.
Request our catalogue to check the reference number of any of the products on this page.
If you would like to make an enquiry or place an order for any of these products, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
We have technical assistance service for all of our products, with a wide range of replacement parts. Find out about warranties and more details here.