What is it used for?
The Utermöhl Pack is a complete tool for quantitatively analysing phytoplankton using the Utermöhl method. It allows you to sediment a sample of phytoplankton, and later analyse this in an inverted microscope.
Make your pack
The Utermöhl Pack components can be bought separately so you can select the products you most frequently use or add a larger quantity of any given product.
Base plate and threaded ring
Thanks to the painstaking manufacturing process, the join between the stainless steel threaded ring and methacrylate plate is better than ever.
Our sedimentation chambers
Manufactured to contain 10ml, 25ml, 50ml or 100ml, with a tolerance of +/- 0.3ml. Volume obtained with our base plate, threaded ring and sedimentation chamber used together.
- Vol. 10ml
- Vol. 25ml
- Vol. 50ml
- Vol. 100ml
New handling support
The base plate fits perfectly on the top of the handling support, facilitating the sliding of the sedimentation chambers and square cover, and avoiding splashes.
It is custom built according to the needs of the client.
Utermöhl Pack contents
- Made of methacrylate, with threaded channel to place the threaded ring.
- Base plate size 120mm x 43mm.
- 3ML volume (when used with our threaded ring and glass coverslip circle).
- Made of AISI 316 stainless steel, allowing precise adjustment of the glass “Coverslip Circle” (incluided in the pack).
- Ring size: Ø ext. 37mm / Ø int. 26mm.
- Made of AISI 316 stainless steel, it is used to adjust the threaded ring on base plate.
- 1mm thick.
- Made of white acetal, it serves as a support for the base plate and simplifies the handling of the Utermöhl Pack.
- 100ml volume allows.
- Size: 135x53x45mm.
- 10ml sedimentation chamber.
- 25ml sedimentation chamber.
- 50ml sedimentation chamber.
- 100ml sedimentation chamber.
The Utermöhl Pack includes 3 types of borosilicate crystals:
- Glass Coverslip Circle, 100 units: Ø ext. 28mm / 0,17mm thick.
- Square Covers, 4 units: 42mm x 42mm / 1,1mm thick.
- Round covers, 4 units: Ø ext. 33mm / 3mm thick.
The “Utermöhl Pack” is delivered in a protected box.
Sedimentation chambers volume obtained with our base plate, threaded ring, and sedimentation chamber used together.
Methacrylate components are not suitable for use with alcohols. Aquatic BioTechnology is not responsible for the deterioration that these substances may cause in our products.
For more information about the Utermöhl method click on the following link (Phytoplankton manual, UNESCO, Monographs on oceanographic methodology Vol.6, 1978).
Request our catalogue to check the reference number of any of the products on this page.
If you would like to make an enquiry or place an order for any of these products, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
We have technical assistance service for all of our products, with a wide range of replacement parts. Find out about warranties and more details here.